While some look at strategic planning as merely creating a specific business plan, it should be noted that it is one of the most important tools an entrepreneur will use to achieve progress in her business.
Strategic planning may be viewed as the skeleton of any business as its purpose is both to define the purpose and direction of the business and to create a benchmark against which progress can be evaluated.
The strategic planning process requires considerable thought and planning. Generally, the strategic planning process is comprised of three phases: formulation, implementation, and evaluation.
Issues to be considered in your strategic planning process include:
- How committed are you to the success of the plan?
- Are you disciplined enough to implement the necessary changes?
- Can you effectively communicate the plan as a team effort and not just a management plan?
- Are you willing to monitor the plans development and adjust along the way?
- How often do you need to reach milestones to stay motivated?
- What are the milestones to be achieved?
As always, if you have any questions or would like to know more about our services, please contact us.